ANZ Stadium unveils greatest year since 2000 Olympics
02 Jan 2013
THIS is the year of sporting dreams at ANZ Stadium.
Australia’s home ground has unveiled its greatest sporting year since the 2000 Olympics.
In an incredible 12 months, it’s:
Manchester United v A-League All-Stars, British and Irish Lions Test, State of Origin I and III, Bledisloe Cup, KFC T20 Australia Day cricket international, NRL Grand Final and finals, marquee AFL and Waratahs games and all the NRL club action.
Confirmation that the world’s most famous football club, Manchester United, will bring a full-strength squad to take on an A-League All-Stars team at ANZ Stadium on Saturday 20 July ensures that a new chapter of Sydney sporting history will be made at the former Olympic venue.
The Manchester United announcement coupled with the news that Sydney will host two State of Origin games next year and the recent release of the NRL draw has put the finishing touches on an action-packed 2013 Event Calendar.
Over the next 12 months, ANZ Stadium Members and sports fans generally will enjoy a rolling sequence of some of the biggest and best events in the country.
“It really does promise to be one of the biggest – if not the biggest year – in the Stadium’s proud history,” said ANZ Stadium managing director Daryl Kerry.
“The T20 international on Australia Day is one of the most exciting events on the cricket calendar and then we swing in to a smorgasbord of football action across four codes.
“This is highlighted by two State of Origin rugby league games, two magnificent rugby internationals featuring the Wallabies up against the Lions and the All Blacks, Manchester United’s much anticipated visit, two World Cup qualifiers featuring the Socceroos on the Road To Brazil, and three key games for AFL premiers the Sydney Swans including the Grand Final rematch against Hawthorn, and the NRL Grand Final.
“It’s very exciting for Sydney, the Stadium and its members and corporate hospitality guests, and sports fans generally.”
ANZ Stadium Membership is the best way to guarantee premium seats for all the major events in 2013.
ANZ Stadium Memberships can be purchased for $1949, which includes the 2013 subscription fee, and secures your seat at all major and regular season events on the venue’s blockbuster calendar.
For more information or to secure Sydney’s ultimate sporting membership, click here or call (02) 8765 2600.
Share this event with business partners, colleagues, friends or family – our corporate hospitality program lets you see the action in style. Premium Xseats, outdoor corporate box or the ultimate private suite with your own dining room and exclusive balcony are available. Click here.
Highlights of the 2013 event calendar include:
- Manchester United – the world’s biggest football club - take on an A-League All-Stars team on Saturday 20 July.
- Sydney’s historic first-ever Australia Day T20 International cricket match between Australia and Sri Lanka on Saturday 26 January;
- Two defining Qantas Socceroos World Cup Qualifiers against Oman on Tuesday 26 March and Iraq on Tuesday 18 June;
- Three blockbuster AFL fixtures, starting with the Sydney derby between 2012 AFL Premiers the Sydney Swans and the GWS Giants on Easter Saturday (30 March) at the new twilight time of 4.40pm, followed by the Sydney Swans against Collingwood on Saturday 10 August and a must-see grand final replay against Hawthorn in Round 23;
- Following a fantastic 2012 season for both clubs, ANZ Stadium home teams the Bulldogs and Rabbitohs are back to deliver even more excitement and success in 2013, highlighted by Bulldogs v Manly (Friday 5 April), the return of Sonny Bill Williams when the Roosters visit ANZ Stadium (Friday 21 June), the traditional Good Friday blockbuster between ANZ Stadium home teams the Rabbitohs and Bulldogs (Friday 29 March) and ruby league’s oldest rivalry between the Rabbitohs and Roosters (in Round 26 (date TBC).
- Two NSW Blues home games on Wednesday 5 June and Wednesday 17 July;
- The long-awaited British & Irish Lions Test against the Wallabies on Saturday 6 July 2013;
- The NSW Waratahs’ two biggest Super Rugby matches;
- The first Test of the 2013 Bledisloe Cup;
- Rugby league’s ultimate showpiece, the NRL Grand Final on Sunday 6 October.
Get ready for one of the biggest and best years of sport that Sydney has seen.
To view ANZ Stadium’s full 2013 event calendar, click here.