GLOBAL BRANDS ARSENAL, ADELE & JUSTIN BIEBER ADD TO PHENOMENAL ANZ STADIUM EVENT CALENDAR
06 Dec 2016
- Massive 2017 ANZ Stadium Event Calendar rolled out;
- Stadium attendance records to fall with 256,000 fans to see sold-out Adele and Bieber shows in six days;
- Arsenal to light up Stadium in July;
- Sport, sport and more sport across three codes;
- 1.6 million fans expected through the gates at ANZ Stadium in 2017.
PREMIER League giants Arsenal in Sydney, the crucial 2017 Holden State of Origin II fixture, a record 35 NRL games leading up to the 2017 Telstra Premiership Grand Final, Bledisloe Cup, the Hyundai A-League Sydney Derby . . . and five of the biggest concerts in years.
The 2017 ANZ Stadium Event Calendar looms as one of the great event years since the 2000 Sydney Olympics, with sporting blockbusters across three codes among the jewels in the crown.
But it’s three sellout shows during one incredible week of entertainment in March that will smash box-office records, with global superstars Adele (10-11 March) and Justin Bieber (15 March) set to draw a colossal 256,000 fans through the gates.
ANZ Stadium Members, Corporate Clients and everyday fans of quality sport and entertainment will feast on a smorgasbord of 49 events already confirmed for 2017 . . . and with more blockbusters pencilled in awaiting confirmation.
The 2017 Event Calendar kicks off just hours after Sydney’s sky lights up with New Year’s celebrations, with the Western Sydney Wanderers hosting their New Year’s Day feature game against Perth Glory.
As the major events roll out in 2017:
- FEBRUARY features legendary rockers Guns N’ Roses in successive shows, with founding members Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan reuniting for the first time in 20 years;
- The biggest attendance week since the 2000 Olympics will pour through the ANZ Stadium gates in MARCH with back-to-back sellout Adele concerts and a sold-out Justin Bieber show;
- APRIL will feature the two highest-attended NRL games of the season when the Easter Footy Fest lines up Bulldogs v Rabbitohs on Good Friday and Eels v Tigers on Easter Monday;
- JUNE is Origin time. Will Wednesday 21 June be the night State of Origin momentum swings as Blues fans turn ANZ Stadium into a cauldron against ageing Queensland?;
- Big JULY will be highlighted by the back-to-back Arsenal In Sydney Tour classics, with the EPL powerhouse bringing Gunners fever Down Under for matches against Sydney FC (Thursday 13 July) and Western Sydney Wanderers (15 July). Standby for a week of unique fan engagement opportunities!;
- AUGUST will feature the opening game of the 2017 Bledisloe Cup series . . . the resurgent Wallabies against the All Blacks;
- SEPTEMBER is footy finals month;
- And then it’s all eyes on OCTOBER for the 2017 NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final Sydney. Who will it be this year?
ANZ Stadium General Manager of Business Development, Mr Greg Sleigh, said of the packed 2017 calendar: “ANZ Stadium has played host to some of Australia’s most memorable events dating back to the 2000 Olympics and 2017 promises to provide a host of memorable moments.
“Fans of Sydney’s favourite five NRL clubs will see more blockbusters than ever before at the Stadium, football fans can feast on the Sydney Derby and Arsenal’s first visit to Australia in 40 years, and we’ve got fans of all music genres and eras covered with Guns N' Roses, Adele and Justin Bieber.
“Sydney’s famous annual sporting events – State of Origin, the NRL premiership Grand Final and Bledisloe Cup – are all included in an event calendar that has something special for sports and music lovers alike.”
ANZ Stadium Members are entitled to premium seating at ALL sporting events in 2017, and have received an exclusive pre-purchase window to enable them to lock in the best seats in the house for Adele, Justin Bieber and Guns N’ Roses.
Membership also has the added benefits of access to additional events at other venues in Sydney – including key matches featuring Sydney Thunder and GWS Giants in Sydney Olympic Park, the Sydney Swans and NSW Waratahs at Moore Park, and the Sydney Royal Easter Show next to ANZ Stadium in April.