RABBITOHS v DRAGONS - SAT 15 SEPTEMBER
The South Sydney Rabbitohs and St George Illawarra Dragons will meet in a blockbuster semi-final at ANZ Stadium on Saturday night – with the winner just one step from the 2018 NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final.
The semi-final battle between two great traditional NRL clubs will see only one team survive and progress to a preliminary final against the Sydney Roosters.
The NRL semi-final will be preceded by a Holden Women’s Premiership game between the Dragons and New Zealand Warriors.
|5:10PM||NRL Holden Women's Premiership - Dragons v Warriors|
|7:40PM||NRL Semi-Final - Rabbitohs v Dragons|
Don’t get caught out - to ensure a smooth entry into ANZ Stadium on the day, we have some helpful tips for you below.
• Tickets for the 2018 NRL Telstra Premiership Semi Final match include entry and return travel on Sydney Trains services only.
• If travelling by train from the Illawarra region, allow some additional travel time to get to the game.
• Additional express trains will run from Central every 10 minutes from 4:40pm, stopping only at Redfern, Strathfield then Olympic Park.
• With other events occurring in the precinct, fans are recommend to arrive early and take advantage of the additional and direct train services available for the event.
• Leave the car at home – with a large crowd expected all fans who have not pre-booked parking should not drive.
• To plan your trip visit the Transport for NSW game day event page.
• Remember to allow additional time for the security screening process when entering the Stadium.
SAFETY AND SECURITY AT ANZ STADIUM
Public safety is our No.1 priority at ANZ Stadium.
The Stadium works closely with NSW Police and other authorities to identify risks at all events.
A high NSW Police and Security presence will be in place for the 2018 NRL Telstra Premiership Semi Final, both inside ANZ Stadium and throughout the Sydney Olympic Park precinct before, during and after the event.
Fans are encouraged to arrive early and leave additional time for the security screening process when entering the Stadium. This process will include mandatory bag searches and personal checks.
Only small bags (no larger than 30cm x 40cm) are permitted into ANZ Stadium for events, and all bags will be checked by security. Fans should arrive without bags if possible.
See something/Say something: Please report any unusual or suspicious behaviour or unattended items to Customer Service staff, Police or Security.
Thank you for helping us provide a safe environment for this great event.
Enjoy the game!
Tickets for the 2018 NRL Telstra Premiership Semi Final match include entry and return travel on Sydney Trains services only. For the right to travel, show your ticket or proof of purchase to Sydney Trains employee at the train station.
With a large crowd expected, patrons who have not pre-booked parking should leave the car at home and take advantage of the additional and direct train services available for the event.
Take advantage of the additional and direct trains running to and from Olympic Park to avoid expected congestion and traffic on roads in and around the Sydney Olympic Park precinct.
Express trains will run from Central leaving every 10 minutes from 4:40pm, stopping at Redfern, Strathfield then Olympic Park. After the match express trains will run back to Central leaving Olympic Park every 7 to 8 minutes, stopping at Redfern, Strathfield then Central.
To plan your trip visit the Transport for NSW game day event page here or use the Transport NSW Trip Planner to help plan your journey. It will give you up-to-date train and bus timetable information. Click here for more information.
Fans travelling on the T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line are advised to allow additional travel time due to trackwork between Sydenham and Central.
Trackwork will NOT see buses replacing trains, however fans will need to catch a train to Wolli Creek and change for a service to Central on the T8 Airport Line to connect with express services running to Olympic Park.
After the match, fans should do the same when travelling home by catching an express train back to Central then change for a service to Wolli Creek on the T8 Airport Line to connect with T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line services.
The following Sydney Buses services also run to Olympic Park:
- Route 525 runs between Parramatta and Burwood via Sydney Olympic Park.
- Route 526 runs from the Sydney Olympic Park Ferry Wharf to Olympic Park.
Car parks are expected to fill quickly, so ensure you pre-book your parking. Patrons are strongly encouraged to leave the car at home and take advantage of the additional and direct train services in operation for the event.
For those who plan to drive, pre-booking your parking space is recommended. You can pre-book parking via:
If you decide to drive, the below routes are advised and can help minimise traffic issues:
The best way to beat the queues is to leave the car at home and take public transport instead.
- If you decide to drive, the below routes are advised and can help minimise traffic issues:
- From the NORTH: Through Top Ryde, take Victoria Rd and then Silverwater Rd and Holker Street to Sydney Olympic Park.
- From the SOUTH: Turn onto Parramatta Road then Hill Road to Sydney Olympic Park.
- From the EAST: Take Parramatta Road then Bernie Avenue or Hill Road. If you are driving along Victoria Road, consider taking Silverwater Road then Holker Street.
- From the WEST: Turn onto Silverwater Road then Holker Street or turn onto Hill Road, and then to Sydney Olympic Park.
Sydney Olympic Park Authority may close some local roads to accommodate increased public transport services and ensure pedestrian safety during events. For specific road closure details, please click here.
REPORT ANTI SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR
A patron text message service will operate for all events. If you experience any issues during an event, SMS 0419 403 360 with your issue and location.