CELEBRATION OF FOOTBALL AS ITALIAN GIANTS JUVENTUS PLAY ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO AND THE A-LEAGUE ALL STARS
06 Aug 2014
IT WILL be a fond arrivederci for Italian-icon Alessandro Del Piero against his former team Juventus with a massive Italian-themed pre-game party kicking off from 4pm at Sydney Olympic Park.
Join the Italian festa in celebration of world football with Sydney Olympic Park to turn “Bellissimo” featuring Italian eateries, street theatre, juggling acts, music and tenors.
There are still plenty of tickets available to see the world’s very best footballers come together. Tickets and match day information, click here.
Football lovers are encouraged to arrive early and revel in the Italian experience with:
• An “Italian Piazza” theme with tables and chairs outside ANZ Stadium;
• Roving Italian street theatre including tenors, music trio and football juggling acts;
• An eat street with pop-up cafes serving Italian-themed street food under red, green and white festoon lighting;
• An outdoor expansion to The Brewery Bar with human fusball;
• Restaurants, cafes and bars open extended hours pre and post-game;
• Junior clinic with skills and drills from 5:30pm next to Gate L of ANZ Stadium near the P1 carpark.
International superstar, Del Piero, leads the A-League All Stars in his Sydney farewell against his former team where he became the greatest Juventus player in history.
With a big crowd on the way to celebrate world football, fans are encouraged to take advantage of free public transport on Sydney Trains and Major Event Buses included in all tickets.
Supporters should plan their journey in advance and arrive early. Visit the Transport NSW event webpage, the ANZ Stadium event page or call 131500 for full transport and traffic details.
Drivers electing to drive are advised to pre-book parking, arrive early and make the most of the entertainment and activities on offer pre-match.
If you do decide to drive, the below routes are advised and can help minimise traffic issues:
- From the NORTH: Through Top Ryde, take Victoria Rd and then Silverwater Rd and Holker Street to Sydney Olympic Park;
- From the SOUTH: Turn onto Parramatta Road then Hill Road to Sydney Olympic Park;
- From the EAST: Take Parramatta Road then Birnie Avenue or Hill Road. If you are driving along Victoria Road, consider taking Silverwater Road then Holker Street.
- From the WEST: Turn onto Silverwater Road then Holker Street or turn onto Hill Road, and then to Sydney Olympic Park.
Don’t miss this unforgettable event at ANZ Stadium this Sunday.